WordPress Review: Top Features, Pricing, Pros & Cons
What is WordPress?
A detailed WordPress review, best alternatives, competitors that you can use to build your website. WordPress is the most popular CMS to create a website.
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform that is used by millions of users. But there are two versions of WordPress that you need to understand. One is WordPress.com that is a managed hosting option for websites and another is WordPress.org that is for self-hosted sites.
If you wish to create a blog just as a hobby, you can start a free blog on the WordPress.com platform with the domain extension .wordpress.com you can also use the platform as a VIP user with your own custom domain.
This is a fully hosted solution, that means you will not have to buy any hosting for your site. You can build the site and start creating content on your site.
However, if you need more flexibility in terms of design and complete control over your site, the content, and how you monetize your site, you will have to go for the self-hosted platform (WordPress.org).
In the self-hosted option, you just use WordPress software as the platform for your site and build on it. And you will have complete control over your site.
- WordPress is free and open source software.
- It is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.
- WordPress is versatile and can be used for a wide variety of websites.
- The CMS is search engine friendly and helps you boost your website’s SEO rankings.
- WordPress is highly customizable with a wide range of themes and plugins available.
- WordPress is vulnerable to security threats and hacking attempts.
- You need to purchase premium themes and plugins to create a custom website.
We love to hear from you. If you have used this product already, please share your thoughts with our audience.